The park is approximately one acre in size, free, and open to dogs of all sizes!
Dog Park Ground Breaking
Held August 28, 2010
The park is located in the back corner of the Community Park located behind the Rescue Fire Co. on S. School Place. It is approximately one acre in size and will be open to dogs of all sizes.
Fundraisers and donations have brought in about $4,800.
Requirements, Rules, and Regulations
Dogs must be state licensed, have all current vaccinations, including rabies and bordatella and wearing current ID tags at all time while in park. Dogs must be healthy, no contagious conditions.
- Dogs must be a minimum of 4 months of age.
- Dogs are not allowed to dig, fill immediately.
- Open 8:00 am to dusk, no fee.
- Waste must be collected immediately & placed in proper receptacle.
- You are responsible for injuries inflicted by your dog to other dogs or people.
- Area closed during wet conditions.
- Open one gate at a time in the double-gated area. Open and close it before opening the next one to enter the off-leash area.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or exiting the fenced-in area.
(leash & unleash your dog inside the double-gated area)
- Dog owners/handlers must keep their dog (s) in view at all times. (never left unattended)
- Dogs showing aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
- Children under 49 inches in height are not permitted, adults must accompany children up to 15 years of age.
- Food/treats (dog or human) are not allowed.
- Handlers must be at least 16 yrs of age.
- Excessive dog barking not allowed.
- Limit (3) dogs per adult handler.
- Dogs in-heat are not permitted.
- Wear flat collars only.
- No dog grooming.
- No Smoking.
- No toys, chairs, dishes or trash left behind.
- Small dog toys permitted.
Dog Owner and their invitees shall indemnify, save harmless and defend the Dallastown Borough from any and all claims, actions, damages, injuries and/or expenses arising out of this activity or event at this facility. This off-leash Area is subject to compliance with the above conditions and rules/regulations and/or removal for any violation of said rules and regulations.